Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2014/11/23 01:30:23 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons CSV 1.1 Released

The Apache Commons CSV team is pleased to announce the 1.1 release!

The Apache Commons CSV library provides a simple interface for reading and
writing
CSV files of various types.

This is our second release.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o [CSV-129] Add CSVFormat#with 0-arg methods matching boolean arg methods.
o [CSV-131] Save positions of records to enable random access. Thanks to
Holger Stratmann.
o [CSV-139] CSVPrinter.printRecord(ResultSet) with metadata.

Fixed Bugs:
o [CSV-140] QuoteMode.NON_NUMERIC doesn't work with
CSVPrinter.printRecords(ResultSet). Thanks to Damjan Jovanovic.
o [CSV-130] CSVFormat#withHeader doesn't work well with #printComment, add
withHeaderComments(String...). Thanks to Sergei Lebedev.
o [CSV-128] CSVFormat.EXCEL should ignore empty header names.
o [CSV-132] Incorrect Javadoc referencing org.apache.commons.csv.CSVFormat
withQuote(). Thanks to Sascha Szott.

Changes:
o [CSV-124] Improve toString() implementation of CSVRecord. Thanks to
Kalyan.
o [CSV-134] Unified parameter validation. Thanks to wu wen.

For complete information on Commons CSV, including instructions on how to
submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
Commons CSV website:

Site: http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/

Download: http://commons.apache.org/csv/download_codec.cgi

Happy Coding!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Gary Gregory on behalf of the Apache Commons CSV team

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons CSV 1.1 Released

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

Am Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:27:43 +0000
schrieb sebb <se...@gmail.com>:

> On 26 November 2014 at 13:23, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
> > I created the tag
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/csv/tags/1.1/, good
> > catch.
> >
> > I do not see the point of have "cvs" twice in the tag, so I use the
> > format above.
>
> -1, please follow the original convention.
>
> By default if you check out a tag, SVN creates a directory with the
> name of the tag.
>
> If the component name is not included in the tag name, then it's
> impossible to distinguish CSV 1.1 from LANG 1.1 etc.

You also need to match the SCM URL in the released POM file:

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/csv/tags/CSV_1.0</connection>

BTW: the announcement mail had a download_codec.cgi link, but the
script is correctly named download_csv.cgi. I guess you might want to
fix this in the announcement template.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons CSV 1.1 Released

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I renamed the 1.1 tag to .../CSV_1.1

Gary

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.