Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> on 2002/06/05 01:03:51 UTC

BETWIXT : Failing testcases..

Betwixt fails on the scarab tests..
On the betwixt site the scarab tests are not included though..
It is failing on the TestScarabSettings.java line 196 (about), it is the
assertEquals("UI", gao.getChildOption());

I seem to suffer a bit with the same problems (it looks like it, that
is), which I mentioned in an earlier mail..

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: BETWIXT : Failing testcases..

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Martin van den Bemt" <ml...@mvdb.net>
> Betwixt fails on the scarab tests..
> On the betwixt site the scarab tests are not included though..
> It is failing on the TestScarabSettings.java line 196 (about), it is the
> assertEquals("UI", gao.getChildOption());
>
> I seem to suffer a bit with the same problems (it looks like it, that
> is), which I mentioned in an earlier mail..

This bug is now fixed.

The problem was BeanCreateRule was adding multiple identical digester rules
which did the same thing, which caused the 2nd rule fired to think it was
nested inside the 1st rule, causing the 2nd rule to have the wrong context
and wierdness to occur.

Betwixt now passes all the unit tests with flying colours.

James

Re: BETWIXT : Failing testcases..

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 01:22, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 19:13, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> > What is your advice on my problem ?
> > Just create my own tool ? (which I was doing in the first place, but I
> > though, what the heck, let's try not to write everything myself..)
> > Need to get that working tomorrow ;((
>
> I'll take a peek but I'm not promising anything. I have been trying to
> fix for the last couple of days but haven't been able to spend more then
> a couple hours.
>
> (including db generation via jdbc,
> > etc,etc..)
>
> You can do that with torque.

It is something like Torque, only written in Eiffel. I have to use those
(XML) scripts to generate the databases (and physical and conceptual
mappings), so we can actually test stuff without that eiffel "beast".
Prefer OJB anyway ;)

> > After the time spend with "what is happening", I could have easily made
> > what I had in mind..
> >
> > If Jason can fix this tonight I will be very happy ;)
>
> I probably won't fix it tonight. Either use XO or use the digester
> directly.
>
> > If you can get my little xml file example working I'll be even happier
> > ;)
>
> Post your NameMapper implementation and a testcase if you have one and I
> will commit it and try to get that working with Jon's (the ever
> persistent Jon :-)) example.

Don't have any testcases written for it and Jon's example isn't my xml
stuff ;). I'll invest some time in it tommorrow to find out what's (not)
going on . If it doesn't work, I'll just move to a manual test or start
a "dirty" hack....
Can you at least give me a pointer of where to look for the trouble, so
I don't spend too much time on debugging non issues ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 19:13, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> What is your advice on my problem ?
> Just create my own tool ? (which I was doing in the first place, but I
> though, what the heck, let's try not to write everything myself..)
> Need to get that working tomorrow ;((

I'll take a peek but I'm not promising anything. I have been trying to
fix for the last couple of days but haven't been able to spend more then
a couple hours.

(including db generation via jdbc,
> etc,etc..)

You can do that with torque.

> After the time spend with "what is happening", I could have easily made
> what I had in mind..
>
> If Jason can fix this tonight I will be very happy ;)

I probably won't fix it tonight. Either use XO or use the digester
directly.

> If you can get my little xml file example working I'll be even happier
> ;)

Post your NameMapper implementation and a testcase if you have one and I
will commit it and try to get that working with Jon's (the ever
persistent Jon :-)) example.

> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 01:07, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> > on 6/4/02 4:03 PM, "Martin van den Bemt" <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Betwixt fails on the scarab tests..
> > > On the betwixt site the scarab tests are not included though..
> > > It is failing on the TestScarabSettings.java line 196 (about), it is the
> > > assertEquals("UI", gao.getChildOption());
> > >
> > > I seem to suffer a bit with the same problems (it looks like it, that
> > > is), which I mentioned in an earlier mail..
> > >
> > > Mvgr,
> > > Martin
> >
> > Yup. Jason is supposed to be fixing this...;-) Those test cases show that
> > betwixt has some pretty serious bugs in it. It is actually failing before
> > that test is run because betwixt is trying to call the a method on the wrong
> > object...
> >
> > -jon
> >

> > --

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: BETWIXT : Failing testcases..

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 01:22, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 6/4/02 4:13 PM, "Martin van den Bemt" <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
> > What is your advice on my problem ?
> > Just create my own tool ? (which I was doing in the first place, but I
> > though, what the heck, let's try not to write everything myself..)
> > Need to get that working tomorrow ;(( (including db generation via jdbc,
> > etc,etc..)
>
> Our job isn't to write your code for you...how about you help figure out
> what the problem is?

Pass on that I think this time if you don't mind.. Cannot afford to
break this deadline and stopped skipping nights of sleep..

> ;-)
>
> > After the time spend with "what is happening", I could have easily made
> > what I had in mind..
>
> Maybe so, but that would not have helped anyone else...

Reread my mail.. Didn't hear a "that would be great Martin, I am
interested" on my suggestion...

(since that is the only thing, besides betwixt not working, that I think
is missing in betwixt).

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Jon Scott Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com>
> on 6/4/02 4:03 PM, "Martin van den Bemt" <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
> > Betwixt fails on the scarab tests..
> > On the betwixt site the scarab tests are not included though..
> > It is failing on the TestScarabSettings.java line 196 (about), it is the
> > assertEquals("UI", gao.getChildOption());
> >
> > I seem to suffer a bit with the same problems (it looks like it, that
> > is), which I mentioned in an earlier mail..
> >
> > Mvgr,
> > Martin
>
> Yup. Jason is supposed to be fixing this...;-) Those test cases show that
> betwixt has some pretty serious bugs in it. It is actually failing before
> that test is run because betwixt is trying to call the a method on the
wrong
> object...

I'm working on this, should have it fixed shortly....

James

Re: BETWIXT : Failing testcases..

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.