Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Matt Woodworth <wo...@cisco.com> on 2002/08/01 16:37:53 UTC

Nested pages - design questions from a newbie

Friends,

I'm building an application that will have nested pages using
turbine/velocity.  At the highest level page we'll have contracts, you
can expand on a line (via hyperlink) and show all the sites for the
contract.  Later, you'll be able to expand a site and see the products
for that site.

I'm not sure how to implement this.  At first glance it would seem as
simple as having a #parse("site.vm") in the top level template.
 However, the second level page has a lot of controller level
requirements like pagination, sorting, filters, etc.  It feels unclean
to put that kind of logic in the vm's matching screen.java.  That led me
to think we need an action for the second level page.  However, it's not
as if an action returns a string that we can just send to the browser.
 What do I do?

Bottom line: How do I have a full blown controller level in a nested screen?

Matt W.