Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Jakobsson Stefan <st...@scania.com> on 2022/03/24 10:06:02 UTC

Registry and git?

Hi guys,

We are trying to setup registry to use git for storing flows. We have tried to setup according to the guide that Andrew Lim posted on youtube, but we can't get it to work.

And this is probably a stupid question, but he and every other guide we can fine use github, we only however have access to gitlab, but that should work as well, right?

Stefan Jakobsson

Systems Manager  |  Scania IT, IACA |  Scania CV AB
Phone: +46 8 553 527 27 Mobile: +46 7 008 834 76
Forskargatan 20, SE-151 87 Södertälje, Sweden
stefan.jakobsson@scania.com<ma...@scania.com>

Re: Registry and git?

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com>.
Yes, I've used GitLab with Registry connectivity before.

We used Deploy Keys for the repository and configured Git to connect via
SSH (also through a Proxy, because that was necessary in our environment).

We did this by installing the SSH key and config files into the user's .ssh
directory and running a git clone to pull the data before Registry starts
(this allows us to use different branches and the proxy, etc.). But I
suspect that's not necessary in all cases as Registry should be able to
clone/pull the repo using the configuration mentioned in the Admin Guide
[1].

[1]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/administration-guide.html#gitflowpersistenceprovider

---