Posted to user@hive.apache.org by reetika agrawal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/25 04:13:17 UTC

Question on Hive metastore thrift uri

Hi,

I have a question , how does the hive connection happen when we connect it
using hive meta store thrift URI ?
Does it go through hiveserver2->metastore -> metastore db or directly
connects to metastore -> metastore db . If someone could help me with
understanding this that would be great?

Reetika Agrawal

Re: Question on Hive metastore thrift uri

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
It depends on how you configure the system.  If you are using HS2 you can
configure it to talk directly to the metastoredb (by providing it with the
JDBC connection information and setting the metastore thrift url to
localhost) or to talk through a metastore server instance (by not providing
the JDBC credentials to the metastore db and configuring the thrift url
with the address of the metastore server).

Alan.