Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jefferyyuan <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/19 23:51:46 UTC

Solr stats.facet on TrieField doesn't work

This seems an known issue:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StatsComponent
TrieFields has to use a precisionStep of -1 to avoid using
UnInvertedField.java. Consider using one field for doing stats, and one for
doing range facetting on.

To fix this problem. and support dacet search on this field, I have to
create another field,  with precisionStep="2147483647"(Integer,MAX_VALUE),
this is not good, as it takes more disk size, and it's hard to explain to
customers why we need this field.

Seem this problem is already reported and tracked by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2976, but there is no update
since 03/Jan/12.

Does Solr team have any plan to fix this problem?

The follwing is my test result:
I have 2 fields, one field is effectiveSize_tl, type:TrieLongField,
precisionStep="8", default setting.
One field is ctime_tdt: type: TrieDateField, precisionStep="6", default
setting.

I also create 2 another fields:
effectiveSize_tlMinus, same as effectiveSize_tl, except
precisionStep="2147483647".
ctime_tdtMinus, same as ctime_tdt, except precisionStep="2147483647".

http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=effectiveSize_tl&stats.facet=ctime_tdt
<str name="msg">Invalid Date String:'\#8;'</str>

http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=effectiveSize_tl
works
http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=ctime_tdt
works

This works correctly: - using both precisionStep="2147483647" fields:
http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=effectiveSize_tlMinus&stats.facet=ctime_tdtMinus

This doesn't throw error, but the result is totoally not correct.
http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=effectiveSize_tlMinus&stats.facet=ctime_tdt

http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=effectiveSize_tl&stats.facet=ctime_tdt
throw exception:
<str name="msg">Invalid Date String:'\#8;'</str>

http://localhost:5678/solr/select?q=*:*&rows=0&stats=true&stats.field=effectiveSize_tl&stats.facet=ctime_tdtMinus
still throw exception
<str name="msg">Invalid Date String:' #1;#0;#0;#0; #8;t#1;#20;#0;'</str>