Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lars Grunewaldt <lg...@dark-reality.de> on 2008/05/16 10:53:27 UTC

Strange relocation problem

Re: Strange relocation problem

Posted by Dave Lawrence <dl...@ad-holdings.co.uk>.
Lars Grunewaldt wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We just moved our main svn repository from one server to another (dump,
> load, ...)
>
> The repository has been renamed, leading to a different URL:
>
> https://www.url.com/svn/oldrepos/
> https://www.newurl.com/svn/newrepos/
>
> On most of our systems, subversion 1.1.x flawlessly moved all working
> directories with commands like this:
>
> svn switch --relocate https://www.url.com/svn/oldrepos/ https://www.
> newurl.com/svn/newrepos/
>
> - - worked like a charm.
>
> Now, one system uses svn 1.4.*, and the same call leads to a quite
> puzzling error message:

1.4.what?
> "Relocate can only change the repository part of an URL"
>
> As the URL actually *is* the "repository part" of the URL (i.e. no
> subdirectories in the repository), I don't know what goes wrong here.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions?

I recall that an earlier 1.4 version of TortoiseSVN reported a similar
error (happily though it gave me an option to continue with the
operation anyway).  That's definately fixed in the latest 1.4 release.

If the TSVN problem was caused by a bug in Subversion then that would
imply the latest 1.4 Subversion is fixed, so my suggestion would be to
try and upgrade.

Re: Strange relocation problem

Posted by Dave Lawrence <dl...@ad-holdings.co.uk>.