Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 19:49:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0

Hi, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0
(to correspond with the Geronimo 2.0.1 Server release):

The deployable zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/g-eclipse-plugin-2.0.0-deployable.zip

The current svn location is here:

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.0.0

The future svn location will be here:

----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.0.0

The vote will conclude at 2:00 PM EST on Thursday, September 6th.

Tim McConnell

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.0.0

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1.  Performed a minimal test with WTP 2.0 all-in-one and a simple web app
against the 2.0.1 JEE5 Tomcat assembly.

-Donald

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi again, I'm going to do a few things today to facilitate better testing by
reviewers of this plugin:

1. There are a number of prereqs that I should have specified. I'll provide a
set of instructions so they can be downloaded
2. I'm going to provide a staging site so that the download and install testing
of the server can be tested with the plug as well

When I get these finished, I'll post another note, and also extend the voting
period. Sorry for the confusion and
Thanks for you patience

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi, this particular vote thread has been canceled primarily due missing License
and Notice files. Those have now been fixed and a new RC vote will be
forthcoming very soon. Thanks for you patience.....

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Can you update this thread with a notice that this vote has been canceled and
another will be started, given there has been several JIRAs fixed in the 2.0.0
branch since this vote started?

-Donald

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 provided we mention in the Release notes that 2.0 Geronimo deployment
plans are not yet supported (GERONIMODEVTOOLS-190).

Tested as per the article http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/MQAB and
there are no blockers :-) . Below are more observations:

1) While adding Geronimo v2.0.1 server, it throws a warning saying:
"A geronimo installation was detected, however the version could not be
verified."

2) Starting the server for the first time (typically after a system restart)
fails as reported in GERONIMODEVTOOLS-193. Trying to start for the second
time has always succeeded.

3) While creating a new Dynamic Web Project, "Geronimo Deployment" version
is shown as "1.1" where it is expected to be "v2.0". Hence the initial "
geronimo-web.xml" that is created uses "web-1.1", "naming-1.1" etc instead
of web-2.0, naming-1.2 etc. Same with new EJB projects and others. The
created projects still run fine, as Geronimo 2.0.1 accepts v1.1 plans
without any errors.

4) While creating an EAR project, WTP 2.0 didn't auto create "
application.xml" and when tried to deploy such an EAR (without "
application.xml") deployment failed. Need to figure out if it's a bug in WTP
or a limitation in Geronimo.

5) "persistence.xml" created using DTP wizard, can't be edited sometimes and
needs a restart of Eclipse. Looks to be an issue in WTP. Need to raise a
WTP-bug for this.

Thanks,
Shiva

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.