Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com> on 2006/08/14 21:59:57 UTC

Re: [Axis2 1.0] Asynchronous doc/lit, no output.

Hi Nirmit,

I am running an async call in Axis2 1.0 using generated code in a similar
scenario as yours and seeing the exact same problem.
Nothing is SOAP monitor unlike other sync calls. Looks like the request
was never made.
But I see no errors either.

The async call goes thru in one case, when my test program also invokes a
sync call. At that time, I see the req/res for the async call too.
But when I run it by itself, nothing happens.

Have you been able to figure out the problem?

Thanks,
Sathija.

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.
Hi ppl,

I have'nt yet filed a JIRA either.
Waiting for input from the devs. Ajith was on this thread a while ago,
maybe he can give us some insight.

Sathija.

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.
Ajith, Nirmit,

Posted by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Ajith, Sathija,

I partly figured out the problem.

As the userguide shows, with asynchronous clients, the calling thread must
do a Thread.sleep(). But in the generated code, I do not see any
Thread.sleep().

So, I put a Thread.sleep(1000) in the generated test client's
testStart<method name> method, and then I saw a SOAP request/response in
SOAPMonitor. However, my callback methods were not invoked!! So, I still
haven't figured out how to receive the response. I gave up and started
using synchronous clients instead.

-Nirmit

             "Ajith Ranabahu"
             <ajith.ranabahu@g
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       axis-user@ws.apache.org
             08/14/2006 04:25                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Axis2 1.0] Asynchronous
             Please respond to         doc/lit, no output.
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Hi,
Is this for 1.0 ? Can you guys try with the latest nightlies ?

Ajith

On 8/14/06, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi Nirmit,
>
> I am running an async call in Axis2 1.0 using generated code in a similar
> scenario as yours and seeing the exact same problem.
> Nothing is SOAP monitor unlike other sync calls. Looks like the request
> was never made.
> But I see no errors either.
>
> The async call goes thru in one case, when my test program also invokes a
> sync call. At that time, I see the req/res for the async call too.
> But when I run it by itself, nothing happens.
>
> Have you been able to figure out the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Sathija.
>

> >Hi,
>
> >I am trying to invoke a doc/lit service with an asynchronous (two
transport
> >connections) client. I started from a WSDL and generated client side and
> >server side code with Axis databinding, along with a junit test.
>
> >However, when I run the test, I do not get any output, no exceptions,
and
> >no callbacks from the server. Also, SOAPMonitor does not show any
> >request/response message. My SOAPMonitor works with other clients. Where
> >did the call go?
>
> >I am really confused why this is happening. Has anyone tried clients
with
> >callbacks?
>
> >Thanks,
>
> >-Nirmit

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2 1.0] Asynchronous doc/lit, no output.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Is this for 1.0 ? Can you guys try with the latest nightlies ?

Ajith

On 8/14/06, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi Nirmit,
>
> I am running an async call in Axis2 1.0 using generated code in a similar
> scenario as yours and seeing the exact same problem.
> Nothing is SOAP monitor unlike other sync calls. Looks like the request
> was never made.
> But I see no errors either.
>
> The async call goes thru in one case, when my test program also invokes a
> sync call. At that time, I see the req/res for the async call too.
> But when I run it by itself, nothing happens.
>
> Have you been able to figure out the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Sathija.
>

> >Hi,
>
> >I am trying to invoke a doc/lit service with an asynchronous (two transport
> >connections) client. I started from a WSDL and generated client side and
> >server side code with Axis databinding, along with a junit test.
>
> >However, when I run the test, I do not get any output, no exceptions, and
> >no callbacks from the server. Also, SOAPMonitor does not show any
> >request/response message. My SOAPMonitor works with other clients. Where
> >did the call go?
>
> >I am really confused why this is happening. Has anyone tried clients with
> >callbacks?
>
> >Thanks,
>
> >-Nirmit

Ajith Ranabahu