Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org> on 2016/02/11 20:41:01 UTC

Inconsistent naming of support scripts

Some the scripts in the "support" directory have dashes ("-") in their
names (e.g., apply-review.sh, apply-reviews.py), whereas some have
underscores ("_") (e.g., docker_build.sh, mesos_split.py).

This is really confusing and we should stick with one style. I propose to
change all them to use underscores. I will make sure the CI jobs are
updated accordingly.

Any objections?

Thanks,
Vinod

Re: Inconsistent naming of support scripts

Posted by Marco Massenzio <m....@gmail.com>.
+10 for consistency
+1 for hyphens (less carpal-tunnel :)

--
*Marco Massenzio*
http://codetrips.com

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.
The support scripts have now been renamed by
https://github.com/apache/mesos/commit/8b8f4af3c4d70c3ffcb70092da0fb0cd636bbe9a

*NOTE*: If your git hooks were *copied* into `.git/hooks` rather than
*symlinked*, then you may run into issues.
If so, please remove `.git/hooks/{pre-commit,post-rewrite,commit-msg}` and
re-run `bootstrap`.
This way, they'll be symlinked into `.git/hooks`, and it will avoid
problems like this in the future.

Thanks,

MPark

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.
commit 8b8f4af3c4d70c3ffcb70092da0fb0cd636bbe9a
Author: Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>
Date:   Wed Jan 11 14:54:23 2017 -0800

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Inconsistent naming of support scripts

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.

--
~Kevin

Re: Inconsistent naming of support scripts

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com>.
I prefer hyphens as well....

--
~Kevin

Re: Inconsistent naming of support scripts

Posted by Jojy Varghese <jo...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io>.
+1