Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@virtualvillage.com> on 2008/08/18 09:40:13 UTC

Plugins for OFBiz

I was wondering if anyone has considered a way to include plugins for OFBiz
that allow communication to other software that cant be included due to the
Apache license.
For example I can see my company needing to use Pentaho for its BI but it
cant be included in OFBiz directly due to its GLP license. Now the plugin
could be apache license compatible but it would then require a copy of the
software to work.

It would be great if there was somewhere to store / search view etc on the
site so other people can expand OFBiz

Sam Hamilton

Re: Product Search on POS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
There is nothing like that OOTB, but the backend could be used in such case.

Jacques

From: "Rajeev Gupta" <ra...@hytechpro.com>

Product Search on POS

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Some of the components in the specialpurpose are still under development.
There is a core development of BI my japaco that can be added to and if
pantaho can be merged with that, then it would be in the core components
of ofbiz.
There is the SFA in marketing, and structure for CRM already.
just need someone to do some work to make it unified. Admin page for
assignments, and metrics.
The Mypage can be extended, if necessary but I think it covers a lot
already.

not to shot down what you suggesting but inform you that those things
are being worked on and where.

Hopefully get some energy behind the projects already in motion.

Sam Hamilton sent the following on 8/18/2008 11:00 PM:

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@virtualvillage.com>.

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
David,

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Plugins for OFBiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
what type of communications are you looking for?
there is a BI component being developed in ofbiz.

Sam Hamilton sent the following on 8/18/2008 12:40 AM: