Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by af...@portugalmail.com on 2005/06/07 02:21:08 UTC

Hi!

I'm newbie in java, and not a real coder.
I'm implementing a digital library (windows)with 2 open sources:
a server aplications called FEDORA (www.fedora.info) and a JSPs interface called ELATED (http://elated.sourceforge.net).

when I start the fedora server I get:

c:\fedora-2.0\server\bin>fedora-start
Starting Fedora server...
Deploying API-M and API-A...
Waiting for server to start...
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.acs.elated.lucene.LuceneInterface).
Processing file C:\fedora-2.0\server\config\deployAPI-A.wsdd
<admin>Done processing</Admin>
Processing file C:\fedora-2.0\server\config\deploy.wsdd
<admin>Done processing</Admin>
Initializing Fedora Server instance...
Fedora Version: 2.0
Fedora Build: 1
Server Host Name: localhost
Server Port: 8080
Debugging: false
OK
Finished.  To stop the server, use fedora-stop.
c:\fedora-2.0\server\bin>

I dont understand the error:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.acs.elated.lucene.LuceneInterface).

Can anyone tell me what is this error?

Thanks in advance
António Fonseca

Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
António,

This error is not coming from Lucene, but rather from the ELATED
library (as you can tell from package name).  Lucene does not use
Log4j at all.  Please address this issue to either the Fedora or
ELATED groups.

     Erik