Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anthony Kalm <ak...@uen.org> on 2000/05/17 23:31:36 UTC

Cocoon Null Pointer Problem

I'm running Apache 1.3.12, Tomcat 3.1 and Cocoon 1.7.3 on Solaris
7.  I thought I had everything configured correctly but can't seem to
get .xml pages to load correctly. When I click on a .xml document I get
the error
message:

Cocoon 1.7.3

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled

Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help.

Anthony

Re: Cocoon Null Pointer Problem

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 5/17/00 4:31 PM, Anthony Kalm at akalm@uen.org wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Only about 500 people in the last 3 days :-)

Your cocoon.properties file is probably not in the right place.  Put in in
your webapps directory.

webaps/your_app/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties

Re: Cocoon Null Pointer Problem

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 5/17/00 4:31 PM, Anthony Kalm at akalm@uen.org wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Only about 500 people in the last 3 days :-)

Your cocoon.properties file is probably not in the right place.  Put in in
your webapps directory.

webaps/your_app/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties

Mike