Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Micah Huff <mh...@inome.com> on 2013/07/01 18:05:20 UTC

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Hi Scott and team--

Any update on the release date of 1.7.5? Last talk was about 2 weeks
ago. We are hoping for a release soon to alleviate some internal
headaches with our own version of 1.7.5 that we are maintaining.

Thanks,
Micah

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Jeremy Kahn <tr...@trochee.net>.
I'd still like a review (and acceptance) of three patches to the Python
code for 1.7.5. I do not have commit access, and anyway I wrote these, so
they deserve review by another Python coder.

AVRO-1343 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1343> - validate()
should not permit records to have extra fields
AVRO-1323 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1323> - "request" RPC
schemas should report their full name (with namespace)
AVRO-1318 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1318> - schemas
should store fingerprints rather than recompute on every record (attn
[~laserson])

--Jeremy

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
I'm out of the office for the next ten days.  If no one else gets to
it first, I'll try to create a release around August 7th.

Doug

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Jeremy Kahn <tr...@trochee.net> wrote:
> Nevertheless, backwards-compatibility objections have been raised to some
> of the patches I'd offered, and I want to acknowledge that those objections
> are probably valid and should push those tickets off to 1.8.0.

I set these to 1.8.0.  Thanks!

Doug

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Jeremy Kahn <tr...@trochee.net>.
I'm not a committer, but I'll comment that most of those python issues are
mine.

Nevertheless, backwards-compatibility objections have been raised to some
of the patches I'd offered, and I want to acknowledge that those objections
are probably valid and should push those tickets off to 1.8.0.

Alas, I have not had time to address these backwards compatibility
concerns, and I don't want to block the 1.7.5 rc.

Jeremy

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: release 1.7.5 soon?