Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Valentin, AJ" <AV...@SCIRES.COM> on 2012/03/15 15:36:15 UTC

Adding a Topics (Scope) pulldown for refined initial searches.

Hello all,

I have installed Solr search on my Drupal 7 installation.  Currently, it works as an All search tool.  I'd like to limit the scope of the search with an available pull-down to set the topic for searching.

Attached is a screenshot to better visualize what I have to get implemented soon.

Regards,
AJ

AJ Valentin
Database Design Engineer III
SRC-Huntsville
o/256.428.9372
http://www.scires.com<http://www.scires.com/>

________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the named recipient(s) intended by the sender of this message. This email, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research Corporation. If you are not a named recipient, any copying, using, disclosing or distributing to others the information in this email and attachments is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts or hard copies of the email and attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Export or transfer of this technical data and/or related information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may require advance export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency prior to export or transfer. In addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo controls without prior export authorization. By accepting this email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.

Re: Adding a 'Topics' pulldown for refined initial searches.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Usually these are just 'facets' with a one-to-one mapping to the
document. You add a category field and add a string for each document.
Then, when you do a search add parameters to include facets.  Here is
the main wiki page:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/link?url=http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

For more information on facets, or anything else in Solr, go here:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=facet#%2Fp%3Asolr

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Adding a 'Topics' pulldown for refined initial searches.

RE: Adding a Topics (Scope) pulldown for refined initial searches.

Posted by "Valentin, AJ" <AV...@SCIRES.COM>.
Erik,

Thank you, attached is the screenshot I tried to submit.  I'm VERY new to using Solr, so I'm going to try and make the best sense of your response with my limited experience.

Thank you,
AJ

Posted by "Valentin, AJ" <AV...@SCIRES.COM>.
Here is the link to the screenshot I tried to send about my Topic/Scope issue.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.