Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Paul A Jungwirth <pj...@juno.com> on 2002/02/19 00:45:17 UTC

Specify DTD in code?

Hi all,

If I have an XML document that doesn't declare a DTD, can my code tell
the SAX parser where the DTD is so it can do validation? I saw online how
you can (sort of) cache DTDs using an EntityResolver. I though maybe this
would work, but it appears that when a document doesn't declare a DTD,
the EntityResolver never gets called at all. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Paul Jungwirth