Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/05 22:20:20 UTC

[Off Topic] Setting up a Virtual Directory in Tomcat

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup a virtual directory in Tomcat?

I'm uploading files to a directory on my server, and (1) I want this directory
to be located where ever the user likes and (2) be able to display these files
if a user clicks on a link to them.

Therefore, I need a virtual directory (also known as an alias in Apache) to
point to this upload directory, so users can get to the files once they've been
uploaded.  I can't use the file:// protocol, because that will make a reference
to the user's local machine.

We do NOT want to use Apache or another webserver as a front-end to Tomcat.
One reason is because no SSL support on Windows.

Thanks,

Matt