Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/06 05:26:57 UTC

Cassandra loglevel in 3.11.x version

Hello,

I am trying to enable debug logs on the Cassandra cluster running with
3.11.3, I do see some debug logs but I don't see the same level of DEBUG
logs I used to see with 2.1.16 version of cassandra.

I am using the below command to set debug logging.

$ nodetool setlogginglevel org.apache.cassandra DEBUG

In the 2.1.16 version of Cassandra I see the below logs when I make a
select query using CQL, but I don't see the same trace logs in 3.11.3. has
anything changed in the 3.11.3 version?

> DEBUG [SharedPool-Worker-1] 2019-09-06 03:43:10,593 Message.java:437 -

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cassandra loglevel in 3.11.x version

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.
Also, when I tried to play around with logback.xml to enable and disable
debug logging, I noticed this behavior

INFO logs are written both to debug.log and system.log

If I comment out the ASYNCDEBUGLOG , no debug logs are generated.

Is there way to log the INFO logs only in system.log and log DEBUG logs to
debug.logs, only when I set the loglevel to DEBUG?

Here is my logback.xml <https://pastebin.com/UD3hSTtr>

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.