Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/11/11 14:10:15 UTC

release plugin

hi,

I am using the release plugin to release something that is called
"1.2.10-SNAPSHOT".

It asks me if the *final* version should be named "1.2.10" and the
next "1.2.11-SNAPSHOT" etc. Fine! As expected.

However, for some reason the plugin isn't able to build all the
required things... (not expected ;-) )

    Missing:
        ----------
        1) org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-api:test-jar:tests:1.2.10

      Then, install it using the command:
              mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.trinidad -DartifactId=trinidad-api
-Dversion=1.2

      Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy
the file there:
              mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.trinidad -DartifactId=trinidad-api
-Dversion=1.2.1
oryId=[id]

      Path to dependency:
                1) org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-impl:jar:1.2.10
                2)
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-api:test-jar:tests:1.2.10

    ----------
        1 required artifact is missing.

    for artifact:
          org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-impl:jar:1.2.10

    from the specified remote repositories:
          java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1),
          apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

the pom in question is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk_1.2.x/pom.xml

thx,
matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: release plugin

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Matthias,

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am using the release plugin to release something that is called
> "1.2.10-SNAPSHOT".
>
> It asks me if the *final* version should be named "1.2.10" and the
> next "1.2.11-SNAPSHOT" etc. Fine! As expected.
>
> However, for some reason the plugin isn't able to build all the
> required things... (not expected ;-) )

this is a hen & egg problem of the release-plugin. Replace the
expression "${pom.version}" with "1.2.10-SNAPSHOT" and the release plugin
takes completely care of those versions since these artifacts are part of
the multi-module build.

- Jörg

Re: release plugin

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
It looks related to "issue" MRELEASE-3 [1].
Have a look at the workaround

HTH,
--
Olivier

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-3

Re: release plugin

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> However, for some reason the plugin isn't able to build all the
> required things... (not expected ;-) )
>
>     Missing:
>         ----------
>         1) org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-api:test-jar:tests:1.2.10
>
>       Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Try to configure your release plugin like this:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
          <preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

hth,
- martin