Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com> on 2005/08/03 14:37:24 UTC

[OT] JSF approaches

Hello all,
	Sorry for bothering this Struts list for my question which
Is little off-topic, but  I am trying to learn JSF (and move my existing
struts-based applications to JSF), and by reading various materials, I
found at least
2 different approaches for developing JSF-based apps

One approach, where we have a Model (made of managed/backed beans) where

The bean itself contains both properties (getters and setters) as well
as
The 'actions' to perform (such as edit/delete/create etc)

A Second approach, where we have a Model (JB) and a separate
'Controller'
Class that has the edit/create/ etc actions (a-la  Action & ActionForm)

Now, having used struts for more than 2 years, the second approach would
be
My immediate choice, but I have 'heard' about  the first approach being
A 'Domani model' approach, where the same class has both properties
And (part of) business logic ... and this approach being 'better'..

So, I guess I am not the first one who moves from struts to JSF, and I
was
Wondering what you guys have done...

Can anyone give me any feedback?

Thanx in advance and regards