Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Tommy Nordgren <to...@chello.se> on 2006/05/20 13:22:03 UTC

Creating symbolic links

Are there any ant task available to create a set of symbolic links in
a directory, that
refers to a group of files in another directory?
I've checked out the Symlink task of the ant distribution, but it
don't quite do what I want.

-------------------------------------
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@chello.se

Re: Creating symbolic links

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.
I've never used the <symlink> task before and tried to experiment with
it.  I didn't have much luck...

Tommy Nordgren wrote:

> On 20 maj 2006, at 14.07, Scot P. Floess wrote:
>
>> What doesn't it do?  More to the point what is it not doing for you?
>>
>> Tommy Nordgren wrote:
>>> Are there any ant task available to create a set of symbolic links
>>> in a directory, that
>>> refers to a group of files in another directory?
>>> I've checked out the Symlink task of the ant distribution, but it
>>> don't quite do what I want.
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
>>> Tommy Nordgren
>>> tommy.nordgren@chello.se
>>>

>     According to docs , when passed a set of files, in dont create a
> set of symbolic links in the target
> directory. Instead it creates a single file containing all the links
> in java resource format.

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549

252-478-8087 (Home)
919-754-4592 (Work)

Re: Creating symbolic links

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.
Martin:

Is there a reason you are suggestion to use <exec>?  I mean, it would
appear <symlink> should do the trick...but, assuming it doesn't, your
<exec> task solution certainly should work.

Sorry, I feel like I am catching have the conversation...and am confused ;)

Re: Creating symbolic links

Re: Creating symbolic links

Re: Creating symbolic links

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Goddag Tom-
>
> you may want to invoke the ant task 'exec' ..doc available at
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html
> /*assume /bin/bash is the first line of the exec'ed
> shell*/#!/bin/bash/usr/ucb/ln [-fs] OriginalFilename Newlinkname
> Sverige Altid-Martin
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tommy Nordgren"
> <to...@chello.se>

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549

252-478-8087 (Home)
919-754-4592 (Work)

Re: Creating symbolic links

Re: Creating symbolic links

Posted by Tommy Nordgren <to...@chello.se>.

Re: Creating symbolic links

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.

Tommy Nordgren wrote:
> Are there any ant task available to create a set of symbolic links in
> a directory, that
> refers to a group of files in another directory?
> I've checked out the Symlink task of the ant distribution, but it
> don't quite do what I want.

> This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
> Tommy Nordgren
> tommy.nordgren@chello.se

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale