Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeroen Dijkmeijer <je...@dijkmeijer.com> on 2010/02/10 17:02:34 UTC

adding a project for debugging

Hi I'm trying to understand wicket a bit more, and I would like it to
add it as source tree to my project, but for for some reason I cant
make it happen.
I have myproject-web, myproject-domain and myproject-parent. The
latter specifying the former 2 as modules. I'm running myproject-web
in tomcat which is configured in eclipse wtp. Myproject-web holds a
reference to wicket as a dependency and I can see the myproject-domain
project.
Now I would like to add wicket with the proper release tag as a source
tree to the project, so I can set debug breakpoints, add log stmts,
take short cuts, break code fix it. All to get a better understanding
what's happening under the hood. Wicket in itself is quite a beast
with many subprojects which i don't need all in the source tree (but I
guess it would not be a disaster if they were).
So I checked out the wicket source from svn to some directory (The
wicket project  has a parent pom in the root, and all the other
projects are its siblings) Imported that directory into eclipse, and
added the sub-project wicket as a module to myproject-parent, but that
does not work for me. Also eclipse does not recognize the added wicket
source tree, when opening the declaration it goes straight to the
Wicket-Object.class and shows the attached source code instead of the
code from the newly added source tree. I tried a few other things but
that didnot show the source at best (often I could not even get tomcat
start up)
I'm pretty sure its al very simple but somehow i cant get it to work.

regards,
Jeroen.

Re: adding a project for debugging

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Hi I'm trying to understand wicket a bit more, and I would like it to add it
> as source tree to my project, but for for some reason I cant make it happen.

You're trying to understand Wicket, and you thought the Maven Users
list would be the right place to ask about it? ::confused::

Wayne