Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/08/08 16:50:49 UTC

Tablet Server locality

Hi, I have been looking into what it might take to get Accumulo to run on
Apache Mesos.

I am not sure if anyone has done this yet?

My biggest issue/concern is with the Tablet server and how it deals with
not being local to every data node.  I feel like maybe I am missing
something here?  Lets say you have 100 HDFS data nodes and you need only 10
tablet servers.  How does this work best for Accumulo?  I am guessing that
the 10 tablet servers just have to deal with data not always being local
and that is the trade off?  It seems that a YARN deploy would have the same
issue.

Thanks in advance.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: Tablet Server locality

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
That is what I figured but good to hear others thoughts, opinions and
experiences, thanks!

Re: Tablet Server locality

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tablet Server locality

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
Accumulo has worked (is working) on Mesos. Don't know that anyone has
shared more than that fact.