Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by radha_mit <Ra...@ivycomptech.com> on 2010/06/10 11:08:53 UTC

network of brokers

when using a network of brokers , the forwarding bridge is one way channel
between.

suppose we have activeMQ brokers,  A and B as a network URL is
static(tcp://A:61616,tcp://B:61616).
 and we start A first followed by B.

A instantiates a connection to B. Am i correct ? or B intiates a connection
to A ?

what are the advantages of having duplex connexctions over one way channel ?
can we see any performance improvement when we change to duples mode ?

Re: network of brokers

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
A forwarding bridge from A to B, causes A to connect to B and register a
consumer for  advisory messages about consumers. If it sees a consumer on B
for a destination to be networked, then it created a local 'proxy' consumer
on A that will forward messages produced on A to the consumer on B.
So a bridge from A to B will cause messages to be forwarded from A to B.

With a duplex network bridge, the forwarding can work in both directions but
the target need not know the transport connector of the initiator, this is
handy in a hub and spoke topology, where the spokes need only know the
transport connector of the hub. In the case of a firewall between brokers,
this also reduces the number of ports that need to be opened.

Under load, you will get better performance from non duplex bridges as there
will be separate connections in each direction.

On 10 June 2010 10:08, radha_mit <Ra...@ivycomptech.com> wrote:

> when using a network of brokers , the forwarding bridge is one way channel
> between.
>
> suppose we have activeMQ brokers,  A and B as a network URL is
> static(tcp://A:61616,tcp://B:61616).
>  and we start A first followed by B.
>
> A instantiates a connection to B. Am i correct ? or B intiates a connection
> to A ?
>

> what are the advantages of having duplex connexctions over one way channel
> ?
> can we see any performance improvement when we change to duples mode ?

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com