Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2007/03/13 08:26:30 UTC

Project ant-contrib (inmodule ant-contrib) failed

I think AntContrib does not get the right (or no) ivy.jar. But the
Classpath contains a
"/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/ant-contrib/lib/ivy/jars/ivy-1.3.1.jar
". AntContrib uses Ivy itself for its dependency management.
I dont know Ivy - does the ivy-conf.xml [1] eliminate the downloading
from Maven2-Repo?

Another thing is using Ivy itself - it's good to use Ivy for dependency
management, but Gump wants (and should) overwrite that. That's the
spirit of Continuous Integration.

Another idea ... Ivy has changed its package due its incubator process.
Could that be the reason for the error?

Jan

[1]
http://ant-contrib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ant-contrib/trunk/ant-cont
rib/ivy-conf.xml?view=markup

BUILD OUTPUT
---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<------
-8-<----
resolve:
:: resolving dependencies :: [ sourceforge | ant-contrib |
working@vmgump ]
	confs: [default, provided, test]
	found [ apache | bcel | 5.1 ] in default-resolver
	found [ apache | commons-httpclient | 3.0.1 ] in
default-resolver
	found [ apache | commons-logging | 1.0.4 ] in default-resolver
	found [ jayasoft | ivy | 1.4.1 ] in default-resolver
	found [ apache | ant | 1.6.5 ] in default-resolver
	found [ apache | xercesImpl | 2.6.2 ] in default-resolver
	found [ junit | junit | 3.8.1 ] in default-resolver
:: resolution report ::

	|                  |            modules            ||
artifacts   |
	|       conf       | number| search|dwnlded|evicted||
number|dwnlded|

	|      default     |   4   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   4   |
0   |
	|     provided     |   6   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   6   |
0   |
	|       test       |   5   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   5   |
0   |

classpath:

compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/x1/gump/public/workspace/ant-contrib/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 109 source files to
/x1/gump/public/workspace/ant-contrib/target/classes
    [javac]
/x1/gump/public/workspace/ant-contrib/src/java/net/sf/antcontrib/net/URL
ImportTask.java:33: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class IvyContext
    [javac] location: package fr.jayasoft.ivy
    [javac] import fr.jayasoft.ivy.IvyContext;
    [javac]                        ^

GUMP MESSAGE
---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<------
-8-<----
Project ant-contrib has an issue affecting its community integration.
This issue affects 9 projects,
 and has been outstanding for 28 runs.
The current state of this project is 'Failed', with reason 'Build
Failed'.
For reference only, the following projects are affected by this:
    - ant-contrib :  Useful little Ant tasks
    - ant-contrib-test :  Useful little Ant tasks
    - antbook-diary-core :  Examples to go with Java Development with
Ant
    - forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc :  Apache Forrest is an XML
standards-oriented documentation fr...
    - forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc-autotest :  Apache Forrest is an XML
standards-oriented documentation fr...
    - invicta :  Open-source build management tool.
    - logging-log4cxx-ant :  Apache log4cxx
    - logging-log4cxx-ant-no_wchar_t :  Apache log4cxx
    - logging-log4cxx-ant-static :  Apache log4cxx

Full details are available at:

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ant-contrib/ant-contrib/index.html

Re: Project ant-contrib (inmodule ant-contrib) failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Jan Materne <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> I think AntContrib does not get the right (or no) ivy.jar.

True.  Ant-Contrib comes with two versions of Ivy in its own repo,
I've just changed the Gump descriptor to use the 1.4.1 version.

> Another thing is using Ivy itself - it's good to use Ivy for
> dependency management, but Gump wants (and should) overwrite
> that. That's the spirit of Continuous Integration.

Gump does.  Ivy will pull down whatever it wants but Ant will ignore
it since Gump passed build.sysclasspath=only to it.

Stefan

RE: Project ant-contrib (inmodule ant-contrib) failed

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
It looks like a simple versioning error:  AntContrib now wants 1.4.1, but is
still configured to use 1.3.1.  Since it is using it's own version of ivy
instead of Gump's, it is probably an easy change to make.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.