Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/15 08:21:16 UTC

Issue with Jewel popup

https://royale.apache.org/tourdejewel/#

Click on Popup and click the non-modal one.

Type something into the fields and you’ll see that the validation text gets cut off to the boundaries of the section div on the main page. The validation div also remains after closing the popup.

Is there a reason Jewel popups are not added to the body?

Thanks,
Harbs

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks Harbs,
let me know if you need some help from my side

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Harbs,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
IMO, MDI is a specific implementation of an "overlapping windows" implementation.  In some scenarios (like AIR apps) the true MDI windows (equivalent to other top-level windows of other apps) was the AIR NativeWindow itself and no ActionScript code managed how those MDI windows behaved.

But even if you try to simulate MDI within a browser window, each MDI window might itself have a stack of popups and z-order and focus/activation have to be managed within that window.  So there are lots of possible PAYG implementations, IMO.  It shouldn't take much code to just handle someone's "Find" dialog, but it was a fair amount of code to do what Flex did and divide SystemManager into normal, popup, tooltip, and cursor layers.

This will probably be DAYG (Do As You Go).  We'll figure out some implementation when someone actually needs it.

My 2 cents,
-Alex

On 1/16/19, 12:44 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <ca...@apache.org> wrote:

    Ok,

    I always refer to that concept as MDII (Multiple Document Interface). And
    in Flex we had external MDI library to do that. For me that's a concrete
    case and people that wants to do MDI should start that effort and make a
    new library. So IMO we should start to that need to invest time in this.

    Regarding zindexes, in Jewel I put things on some concrete index but I as
    well thinked that I should define a range, but still didn't. For now seems
    not urgent, but I remember in Flex at some point was needed (and was in
    that MDI app we did).

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me%2Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C89b73a6569614a4cfa5608d67b8ec6bf%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636832250487144183&amp;sdata=SqCecW%2B%2FI9WzjTOMQQxuWZCn1T0TzkwXORYYCbtHiaA%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Ok,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Sure.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

El mar., 15 ene. 2019 a las 18:50, Alex Harui (<ah...@adobe.com.invalid>)
escribió:

> In theory, the Basic popup support is "basic".  It should handle
> "stacking" scenarios, but not "overlapping window" scenarios.
>
> So, a popup dialog should be able to have a tooltip or a
> dropdownlist/popupmenu or even popup an Alert or another popup dialog.  The
> latest popup should be addElement'd to the IPopUpHost at a higher index and
> therefore be on top.  And as long as each gets dismissed in reverse order,
> all should be good.

For now this is working. I put a Popup with a Form in the new FooterBar,
that form has DateField and ComboBox that shows popups over popup and
tooltips
So with Harbs's fix all is working as expected.

> Support for "overlapping windows" would be PAYG and added via some other
> classes.  I don't think we've done anything there at the Basic level, the
> emulation components may have to support it since Flex did.

What do you mean with "overlapping windows". Don't understand that concept.
For me windows are always one on top of another...

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me%2Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C6a9da2e9cc47458f9fdc08d67ae1dda5%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636831507838213215&amp;sdata=OmYI81k8GK53%2Bb%2BB8a6yLV9SdegKEGNvyHXHttyM79E%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Issue with Jewel popup

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Harbs

--