Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by gen tang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/07 16:14:10 UTC

Spark on teradata?

Hi,

I have a stupid question:
Is it possible to use spark on Teradata data warehouse, please? I read some
news on internet which say yes. However, I didn't find any example about
this issue

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Gen

Re: Spark on teradata?

Posted by "Evan R. Sparks" <ev...@gmail.com>.
Have you taken a look at the TeradataDBInputFormat? Spark is compatible
with arbitrary hadoop input formats - so this might work for you:
http://developer.teradata.com/extensibility/articles/hadoop-mapreduce-connector-to-teradata-edw

Re: Spark on teradata?

Posted by gen tang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Re: Spark on teradata?

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Re: Spark on teradata?

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Re: Spark on teradata?

Posted by xhudik <xh...@gmail.com>.
I don't think this makes sense. TD database is standard RDBMS (even parallel)
while Spark is used for non-relational issues.
What could make sense is to deploy Spark on Teradata Aster. Aster is a
database cluster that might call external programs via STREAM operator.
That said Spark/Scala app can be can be called and process some data. The
deployment itself should be easy the potential benefit - hard to say...

hope this helps, Tomas