Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> on 2012/07/31 02:17:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] propose Oozie graduation from Apache Incubator

Oozie developers,

This month has been already a year since Oozie has joined Apache Incubator.

During this year we've seen the user and developer community grow. The
Oozie aliases are quite active, new developers are regularly contributing
to Oozie, we added committers to the project, we did 2 releases, and work
towards the next release is hard at work.

With the guidance of our mentors, we have learned the basis to manage the
different aspects of an Apache project.

Given this, I think we are ready to take the next step that is becoming an
Apache Top Level project.

I would like your opinion in order to call a vote within the Oozie
community as a pre-requisite for bootstrapping the formal graduation
process.

Thanks.

--
Alejandro

Re: [DISCUSS] propose Oozie graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
+1

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>wrote:

> Oozie developers,
>
> This month has been already a year since Oozie has joined Apache Incubator.
>
> During this year we've seen the user and developer community grow. The
> Oozie aliases are quite active, new developers are regularly contributing
> to Oozie, we added committers to the project, we did 2 releases, and work
> towards the next release is hard at work.
>
> With the guidance of our mentors, we have learned the basis to manage the
> different aspects of an Apache project.
>
> Given this, I think we are ready to take the next step that is becoming an
> Apache Top Level project.
>
> I would like your opinion in order to call a vote within the Oozie
> community as a pre-requisite for bootstrapping the formal graduation
> process.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Alejandro

Venkatesh

Phone: (408) 658-8368
EMail: Venkatesh@InnerZeal.com

http://in.linkedin.com/in/seetharamvenkatesh
http://about.me/SeetharamVenkatesh

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Re: [DISCUSS] propose Oozie graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1, I do think Oozie is ready.

--
Harsh J

Re: [DISCUSS] propose Oozie graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Alan.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I was on vacation last week.

+1 from me. Oozie seems more than ready to be a TLP. -C

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1.