Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Artamonov, Juri" <ja...@fusionone.com> on 2006/03/07 15:24:40 UTC

Jar with depenencies or Executable jar - summary

Hi All,

Guys, could you please give a summary of what plugin is recommended for
using to have executable jar?

As I see (per comments in IRC) the result jar that I get after using
assembly plugin in m2 is not the same as result jar that I get after
using uberjar plugin in m1.

Also seems uberjar is available only for m1. Someone mentioned javaapp
plugin but as I see it's available for m1 as well only.

Emmanuel Venisse pointed me in IRC to jarjar-maven-plugin but according
to him seems the plugin is in not working state.

http://svn.codehaus.org/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/jarjar-maven-plugin/?roo
t=mojo

So, could you please recommend the plugin for m2, which will result the
same executable jar as get after using uberjar plugin in m1, of cource
if it's exists?

Best regards,
                        Juri.

Re: Jar with depenencies or Executable jar - summary

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Used in this way, the assembly plugin is like the m1 javaapp plugin.
There is no equivalent of uberjar in m2 (because it really didn't work
very well). jarjar and minijar (also in the mojo sandbox), do similar
things to the assembly plugin but also cull out unused classes and
rewrite the packages so they don't conflict with other dependencies.

- Brett

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
With kind regards,