Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/02 03:12:02 UTC

Re: [site][maven] Maven-Generated Javadocs

On 12/30/05, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

>   http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/shale-core/apidocs/index.html
>
> However, the Javadoc generation does not seem to be picking up the "
> overview.html" file (containing text for the overview description page).

This is done; it involved adding a few more entries to project.properties.

(Maven reports some errors when building the site-- they can be
ignored for now.  I added the properties at the top level, so they are
inherited, but not every sub-project has an 'overview.html' file.)

--
Wendy

Re: [site][maven] Maven-Generated Javadocs

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

> On 1/2/06, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll check with the Maven team and see if there's a fix.
>
> Easier than I thought. :)  It was reported and fixed in May
> (MPJAVADOC-59).  The Javadoc plugin has not been released since then,
> but there's a recent snapshot in the internal repository.
>
> The package descriptions are now showing up, for example (the new one
> for remoting):
> <
> http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/shale-core/apidocs/org/apache/shale/remoting/package-summary.html#package_description

Cool!  Thanks for the quick work on this.

--
> Wendy

Craig

Re: [site][maven] Maven-Generated Javadocs

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> The package descriptions are now showing up, for example (the new one
> for remoting):
> <http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/shale-core/apidocs/org/apache/shale/remoting/package-summary.html#package_description>

... which just moved to:
<http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/shale-remoting/apidocs/org/apache/shale/remoting/package-summary.html#package_description>

(The old files will be there for a while, until someone deletes them
or deploys the site with -Dmaven.site.deploy.clean=true .)

--
Wendy

Re: [site][maven] Maven-Generated Javadocs

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On a similar topic, Maven is not picking up the 'package.html' files
for Shale.  It looks like the m1 Javadoc plugin is unable to deal with
the relative paths over to the source code.  (If I put a project.xml
file in shale/core-library, it works fine.)  I'll check with the Maven
team and see if there's a fix.

--
Wendy