Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andreas Papst <An...@univie.ac.at> on 1997/04/16 19:40:02 UTC

config/405: ports

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Wed Apr 16 14:00:01 PDT 1997

>Number:         405
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       <VirtualHost> ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Like number 68

I want to set up a single daemon for multiple addresses listening
to diffent ports too. One virtual server should listen to 1.2.3.4
the other to 1.2.3.5:8000 (Port 8000 only). So I included following
directives:

Listen 80
Listen 8000
.
.
.
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
.
.
.
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.5:8000>
.
. (different DocumentRoot and Alias-commands)
.
</VirtualHost>

However, Apache listen to 1.2.3.5:80 too (does not refuse a telnet
connection to 1.2.3.5:80) and returns by request (http://1.2.3.5:80/)
the html-page from http://1.2.3.5:8000/ but should not! It seems
that the port-part auf the VirtualHost-definition does not work.

So I cannot follow your reply to #68 that all works fine.

Re: config/405: ports

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
And you'll probably need to explicitly list a Port 80 or Port 8000
statement in each virtualhost.

Dean

Re: config/405: ports

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.