Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thierry BARUSTA <tb...@cvf.fr> on 2004/07/05 11:49:10 UTC

WebServiceProxyGenerator and links parsing / rewriting

Hi!

I'm very new to Cocoon (2.1) and I don't know really where an how to
post my question. I have to create a proxy with Cocoon that will forward
HTTP requests to an other server which will answer in XML. This XML will
be then transformed into xhtml. Problem is:

-If there are links in this XML they have to be rewritten to point to
the proxy. Which way is the best/easiest to translate those links?
Linkrewriter? A filter? an XML Parser? or my own transfomer?

I will have more questions in the futur, but this is the most important
one. I thank you in advance for you help!

Best regards,
--
TB

Re: WebServiceProxyGenerator and links parsing / rewriting

Posted by defe <de...@free.fr>.
Thierry BARUSTA wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm very new to Cocoon (2.1) and I don't know really where an how to
>post my question. I have to create a proxy with Cocoon that will forward
>HTTP requests to an other server which will answer in XML. This XML will
>be then transformed into xhtml. Problem is:
>
>-If there are links in this XML they have to be rewritten to point to
>the proxy. Which way is the best/easiest to translate those links?
>Linkrewriter? A filter? an XML Parser? or my own transfomer?
>
>I will have more questions in the futur, but this is the most important
>one. I thank you in advance for you help!
>
>Best regards,
>--
>TB

hi,
i had to do something similar and i wrote a specific transformer
inspired by
EncodeURLTransformer's code. Indeed, with EncodeURLTransformer  "you can
specify which attributes hold URL values in order to restrict URL
rewriting to specific attributes only" (cf. javadoc).

regards.

Re: WebServiceProxyGenerator and links parsing / rewriting

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 05.07.2004 11:49, Thierry BARUSTA wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm very new to Cocoon (2.1) and I don't know really where an how to
> post my question. I have to create a proxy with Cocoon that will forward
> HTTP requests to an other server which will answer in XML. This XML will
> be then transformed into xhtml. Problem is:
>
> -If there are links in this XML they have to be rewritten to point to
> the proxy. Which way is the best/easiest to translate those links?
> Linkrewriter?

I have never used it but I think it's the way to go.

> A filter?

To lowlevel.

> an XML Parser?

No, the XML coming from the other server will already be parsed by the
WebServiceProxyGenerator, the resulting SAX events are pushed through
the pipeline.

> or my own transfomer?

Also to lowlevel, or to overkill. A simple XSLT will probably do the
work too. But I would try the linkrewriter first.

> I will have more questions in the futur, but this is the most important
> one. I thank you in advance for you help!

Looking forward :)

Joerg