Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Duddleston <da...@i2a.com> on 2000/06/01 01:36:09 UTC

RE: Plans for Xerces beyond 1.0.3?

Ya, what is the deal with that. I installed xerces 1.0.4 into VAJ and it broke just about every thing in C2, Tomcat and others. The getRawName being instantly changed to getQName is a real thorn. I would think that there would be some backwards compatiblity.

-david

LSerializer.java:104:

> >    Method getRawName(int) not found in interface org.xml.sax.Attributes.
> >                String
> >    name=this.ns.resolve(a.getURI(x),a.getRawName(x),null,
> >                                                                    ^
> >
> /home/rubys/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/serializers/XML
Serializer.java:113:

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
FYI -- I believe that the SAX guys made that name change between SAX2
Beta 2 and SAX2 Final, so you can thank them for the change....

The Xerces-J version number should have been bumped to indicate
the API change (it wasn't, by accident -- sorry!).

Mike