Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/11/21 04:51:39 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 3.2 Beta 8

Thanks to everyone for the bug reports (and patches)!  You can now download
"beta 8" of the Tomcat 3.2 servlet container from:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2-beta-8

Relative to "beta 7", a number of critical bugs have been fixed, and several
configuration options available under Tomcat 3.1 have been restored (although
they are done in "conf/server.xml" rather than "conf/web.xml").

Please download this release and check it out.  If we've squashed all the
critical bugs, we can proceed to a final release!  Non-critical bugs will be
noted in the release notes and can be fixed in a later maintenance cycle.

NOTE:  No changes were made in any of the native code modules since version
"beta 7".  There are a number of outstanding bug reports against MOD_JK and
AJP13 that will remain open in the final release unless someone volunteers to
find and fix them.

Craig McClanahan