Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by bspeter <pe...@bakkerspees.nl> on 2008/11/03 08:44:11 UTC

error message DateTime_Assert_Buffer_Fail

Hello everyone,

On schema validation I've got an error message: "buffer not initialized".
The XMLExcepts code however is DateTime_Assert_Buffer_Fail.
Could the message made more precisely to something like: dateTime buffer not
initialized?

I've changed in my own code (version.rc for the winmsgloader) but I would
like to patch at little as possible.

Minor detail, but nonetheless ...
Peter

Re: error message DateTime_Assert_Buffer_Fail

Posted by bspeter <pe...@bakkerspees.nl>.
Hi Boris,

I use Xerces 3.0 in conjunction with XQilla (latest SVN version).
The error arose invoking: insert node ... into ...
whereby a datetime node was left empty.
The node in the schema has the following info:

type: xsd:date
minOcc: 1
maxOcc: 1
content: Simple

So I do think the error is correct but the XQilla schema validator only
passes on the Xerces error message, not the Xerces error code.
And 'buffer not initialized' won't tell me too much, is too generic.

It would even be nicer if the name of field being validated would be given,
but that's another subject.

Peter

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Peter,