Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> on 2002/06/14 23:02:16 UTC

Fixing things in other commons projects.

Hi,

Since I am new here as a committer for betwixt, I was just wondering if
I could fix eg typo's that I come across in other projects. It probably
doesn't hurt, but just checking if that is ok. (for other changes, I'll
just ask if it is ok on this list..)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Fixing things in other commons projects.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 10:45 PM, costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2002, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I am new here as a committer for betwixt, I was just wondering if
>> I could fix eg typo's that I come across in other projects. It probably
>> doesn't hurt, but just checking if that is ok. (for other changes, I'll
>> just ask if it is ok on this list..)
>
> Yes, you can. If it's more than a typo it is nice to add yourself to
> the list of commiters for the subproject.

this is actually mandated by the charter:

"15. Each committer has karma to all the packages, but committers are
required to add their name to a package's status file before their first
commit to that package."

i suppose that this might allow access to a package by a particular
committer to be vetoed. (not that this has ever actually happened.)

- robert

Re: Fixing things in other commons projects.

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On 14 Jun 2002, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I am new here as a committer for betwixt, I was just wondering if
> I could fix eg typo's that I come across in other projects. It probably
> doesn't hurt, but just checking if that is ok. (for other changes, I'll
> just ask if it is ok on this list..)

Yes, you can. If it's more than a typo it is nice to add yourself to
the list of commiters for the subproject. As a commons commiter you can

Costin

Re: Fixing things in other commons projects.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Typo fixed ;).

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On 14 Jun 2002, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> Date: 14 Jun 2002 23:02:16 +0200
> From: Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Fixing things in other commons projects.
>
> Hi,
>
> Since I am new here as a committer for betwixt, I was just wondering if
> I could fix eg typo's that I come across in other projects. It probably
> doesn't hurt, but just checking if that is ok. (for other changes, I'll
> just ask if it is ok on this list..)

The typical protocol is to ask the first time on each package, and (after
a positive response) add yourself to the list of committers in the
STATUS.txt file that should be in the top-level directory for each
package.

For the packages I'm the most involved in (BeanUtils, Dbcp, Digester,
Logging, and Modeler) this suits me fine ... welcome!

> Mvgr,
> Martin

Craig