Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/01 19:14:49 UTC

Effect of Autoflush frequency in Ignite Data Streamer

Suppose autoflush frequency is 10000msec for ignite data streamer that put
data into cache. Now if I query this cache, then will this query result also
include data from data streamer buffer(which is not flushed into
cache)?(whose flush frequency we have set to 10 sec)

Re: Effect of Autoflush frequency in Ignite Data Streamer

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rishi,

No, according to javadoc there is no such guarantee.
If you need guarantee method flush() should be used.

* Gets automatic flush frequency. Essentially, this is the time after which the
* streamer will make an attempt to submit all data added so far to remote nodes.
* Note that there is no guarantee that data will be delivered after
this concrete
* attempt (e.g., it can fail when topology is changing), but it won't
be lost anyway.

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 10:14 PM, rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Suppose autoflush frequency is 10000msec for ignite data streamer that put
> data into cache. Now if I query this cache, then will this query result
> also
> include data from data streamer buffer(which is not flushed into
> cache)?(whose flush frequency we have set to 10 sec)

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov