Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/29 06:21:57 UTC

derby/db2: why separate?

One thing I recall from the talk on Derby at ApacheCon was that its
SQL dialect was compatible with DB2. Looking at our createdb.sql, I
see only two differences between our derby and db2 ones:

<     pubtime         timestamp,
---
>     pubtime         timestamp null,

and a fair number of:

<     foreign key ( userid ) references rolleruser ( id )  ;
---
>     foreign key ( userid ) references rolleruser ( id ) on delete no action on update no action enforced enable query optimization ;

The latter seems likely that it could just be the same [indeed the
latter part looks like they're probably defaults, but I have no clue
about db2].

Could we be using the same dbscript for each?

Hen

Re: derby/db2: why separate?

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
Henri,

I don't see why not we should try to use one script for both. I'll do
some testing and report back.

-Elias