Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nafter <Hd...@allshare.nl> on 2009/05/08 00:24:10 UTC

Maven scm:checkin requires developerConnectionUrl ?

I have to profiles in my pom.xml. The first profile does a scm:update in a
workingDirectory using the connectionUrl. This works just fine.

Then later during the same build within Hudson, another profile is triggered
which is also using the maven scm plugin. Now I would like to commit
(checkin) a modified file.
I did configure the workingDirectory and the connectionUrl.
But now an exception is thrown about the fact that the
developerConnectionUrl is missing! Why?

Why can't I just use the connectionUrl to do the checkin/commit?
Now I did try using the developerConnectionUrl and providing a message. But
now the actual file is not committed, but it seems it is looking at a time
file instead of the location of my workingdirectory.
I use tortoisesvn and the workingdirectory does already have a svn checkout.
And doing a commit with tortoisesvn is working just fine.

This is a part of my configuration:
<!-- SUBVERSION COMMIT VERSION.TXT -->
    <profile>
      <id>commit_version_id</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>commit_version</name>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <configuration>
              <username>${SVN_USERNAME}</username>
              <password>${SVN_PASSWORD}</password>

<developerConnectionUrl>${SVN_CONNECTIONURL}</developerConnectionUrl>
            </configuration>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>svn_commit</id>
                <phase>verify</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>checkin</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                  <message>Automatically generated build id</message>

<workingDirectory>${SVN_WORKINGDIRECTORY__PV50}</workingDirectory>
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>

Re: Maven scm:checkin requires developerConnectionUrl ?

Posted by Nafter <Hd...@allshare.nl>.

I fixed the part about the connectionURL. I included the scm connection
information at the top of my top level pom. So that should be ok now.
However when I try to commit a certain file which is located in a certain
SVN controlled directory, the scm maven checkin action does not give an
error. So it looks like the file was committed. But when I check that
directory and run a TortoiseSVN commit the file which should have been
committed appears not to be.

When I check the log in Hudson I see that the maven checkin is doing
something in a c:\users\...\Temp\... folder. This is really not my working
dir / base dir.

Does anyone know what to put in my pom in order to commit in file in my
working directory?
This is the execution in my Pom:

[...]
                  <includes>version.txt</includes>
                  <basedir>${SVN_WORKINGDIRECTORY__PV50}</basedir>
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>

And this is the logging of the checkin command. You see here some sort of a
strange file is trying to be committed in a temp folder. Strange.
[INFO] Tests are skipped.
[INFO] [scm:checkin {execution: svn_commit}]
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --username hdoude --password *****
--non-interactive commit --file
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\maven-scm-693504340.commit --targets
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\maven-scm-26190-targets"
[INFO] Working directory: c:\_composer\_composer5\PVMeta\pv50
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: rebuild_war_step_2}]

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#SCM

Well, connectionUrl is used for readonly access (for example, when you
provide users with public access), and access for developers
(developerConnection) is the one used for committing (write access).

IMO, your problem also comes from the fact that you should put connection
information into the project/scm block and not in some configuration
specific to the scm plugin.

Cheers.

2009/5/8 Nafter <Hd...@allshare.nl>

> I have to profiles in my pom.xml. The first profile does a scm:update in a
> workingDirectory using the connectionUrl. This works just fine.
>
> Then later during the same build within Hudson, another profile is
> triggered
> which is also using the maven scm plugin. Now I would like to commit
> (checkin) a modified file.
> I did configure the workingDirectory and the connectionUrl.
> But now an exception is thrown about the fact that the
> developerConnectionUrl is missing! Why?
>
> Why can't I just use the connectionUrl to do the checkin/commit?
> Now I did try using the developerConnectionUrl and providing a message. But
> now the actual file is not committed, but it seems it is looking at a time
> file instead of the location of my workingdirectory.
> I use tortoisesvn and the workingdirectory does already have a svn
> checkout.
> And doing a commit with tortoisesvn is working just fine.
>
> This is a part of my configuration:
> <!-- SUBVERSION COMMIT VERSION.TXT -->
>    <profile>
>      <id>commit_version_id</id>
>      <activation>
>        <property>
>          <name>commit_version</name>
>        </property>
>      </activation>
>      <build>
>        <plugins>
>          <plugin>
>            <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>            <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
>            <version>1.2</version>
>            <configuration>
>              <username>${SVN_USERNAME}</username>
>              <password>${SVN_PASSWORD}</password>
>
> <developerConnectionUrl>${SVN_CONNECTIONURL}</developerConnectionUrl>
>            </configuration>
>            <executions>
>              <execution>
>                <id>svn_commit</id>
>                <phase>verify</phase>
>                <goals>
>                  <goal>checkin</goal>
>                </goals>
>                <configuration>
>                  <message>Automatically generated build id</message>
>
> <workingDirectory>${SVN_WORKINGDIRECTORY__PV50}</workingDirectory>
>                </configuration>
>              </execution>
>            </executions>
>          </plugin>