Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2015/09/07 09:13:46 UTC

Switching to Java 1.7

So one final reminder that we are establishing lazy consensus for switching Cayenne 4.0 to Java 1.7. I think may still wait a few more days, and then do it. To summarize past threads on the topic, the only concern is that there is a correlation between container JEE version and supported version of J2SE, so some JEE 1.6 containers may require Java 6.

Andrus

Re: Switching to Java 1.7

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
Awesome :)

- hugi

Fwd: Switching to Java 1.7

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
FYI. Feel free to comment.

Re: Switching to Java 1.7

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
A number of things across a number of commits:

1. Manual switch to the diamond syntax (I wish I knew how to do it automatically via IDE)
2. JDBC 4.1 upgrade (replacing backwards compatibility code with actual calls to JDBC delegates)
3. Full switch from DBCP (that is not compatible with Java 7) to DBCP2 that is.
4. Switching to try-with-resources instead of nested try/finally.
5. Removal of OS X Java 6 Modeler assembly.
6. Finally indeed there was some reformatting of the code especially as part of #4.

Andrus

Re: Switching to Java 1.7

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--