Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Zarick Lau <za...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/24 04:07:00 UTC

Missing link in the Maven site

Dear Devs and Users,

I try to found the subversion information of maven, after spending some time
on the Maven site,
I resort to search it out using google.

Why the following page is not accessible from Maven main page?
http://maven.apache.org/source-repository.html

Is it missed, or I have overlooked something??

Best regards,
Zarick

Re: Missing link in the Maven site

Posted by Zarick Lau <za...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 24, 2007 12:29 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2007 8:07 PM, Zarick Lau <za...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I try to found the subversion information of maven, after spending some
> time
> > on the Maven site,
> > I resort to search it out using google.
> >
> > Why the following page is not accessible from Maven main page?
> > http://maven.apache.org/source-repository.html
>
> That's an old page from Oct. 2006 (which I've now deleted).  Looking
> at the pom for the website now, the scm report is commented out.   By
> default it would link to the 'site' module rather than the components.
>  There's also some question of what to link to, since the trunk is the
> as-yet unreleased 2.1, while Maven 2.0.x is on a branch.
>
> I'll add some links to the developers page:
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/index.html

Thanks for clarify the situation.
Btw, IMO, It is better to have a URL point to trunk, rather than nothing.
I think, seasoned commiters on apache project will be familiar on
on the svn repository. But for a general user like me, I just want to
checkout the source for learning more after maven...

Anyway, thanks again for your prompt reply.

Cheers,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy