Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/04 06:46:09 UTC

cluster migration from hadoop 1.2.1 to 2.4.0

Hi,

We have our hadoop cluster running with hadoop 1.2.1 and hbase 0.94.14.
Now we are planing to move it to hadoop 2.4.0,hbase 0.98.2.

if we migrate to the above newer versions, will there be any data loss?

Do we need to take any cluster data backup before migrating to newer
version of hadoop 2.4.0?

Please let us know if there are any prerequisites need to be followed
before migrating from hadoop 1.2.1. to 2.4.0.

Thanks
oc.tsdb