Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Laufer, Michael" <mi...@novadata.de> on 2000/10/13 11:06:00 UTC

Struts and aplicationserver ??

Hi there,

right now I'm writing my Master Thesis in Germany and I have to programm a
prototype
for a webapplication that allows to personalize the content of web-pages.

So I've just decided, to use the following architecture:

-Oracle 8i database
-Struts MVC-Framework from Jakarta (Apache)
-Applicationserver

And the applicationserver is exactly the point where im interested in, I've
tried Weblogic and Websphere, but for my purpose they are just to
huge and in makes no sense to get involved in these monsters :-))
Does anybody have any experiences with other (smaller) applicationservers,
for example JBoss or other open-source products ??
It would be even better to get any feedback about using applicationservers
together with Struts.

Thanks in advance,

Mike