Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mark Clarke <Ma...@ClarkeConsulting.co.za> on 2003/05/01 13:33:22 UTC

netbeans insists that setProperty of BeanUtils is private?

Hi all,

I recently started using BeanUtils. I get an error when trying to access
the setProperty method of BeanUtils as netbeans3.4.1 tells me that this
method is private. The documentation says it public. Do I have a messed
up netbeans or has the method signature changed from the documentation.

Regards
Mark

Re: [beanutils] netbeans insists that setProperty of BeanUtils is private?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
BeanUtils is a Booch utility (guess who just read that in a book ;) aka
static utility class. BeanUtils.setProperty is public and static, and has
been for as long as i can remember. so i'd say that the clever money's on
this being a NetBean's problem.

if you want to be sure, then i'd suggest that you find the version of
BeanUtils that you're using and examine the code itself. look for the
release tag in:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-
commons/beanutils/src/java/org/apache/commons/beanutils/BeanUtils.java

BTW please remember to prefix with the name of the component (in this case
[beanutils]) in future posts.

- robert