Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/12/01 05:43:52 UTC

ant test; xerces

Ant isnt testing for me...I dont know how long this has been the case, as I
only just

    [junit] java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: include.inc
    [junit]     at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:579)
    [junit]     at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:476)
    [junit]     at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:425)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown S
ource)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown S
ource)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEnt
ityReference(Unknown Source)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$Fragmen
tContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDoc
ument(Unknown Source)
    [junit]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Sour
ce)
    [junit]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Sour
ce)
    [junit]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    [junit]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Sou
rce)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl.parse(ProjectHe
lperImpl.java:166)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHe
lper.java:116)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest.configureProject(BuildFile
Test.java:231)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.IncludeTest.testWithSpaceRelative(Includ
eTest.java:159)

FYI -diagnostics says:

xalan.jar (732330 bytes)
xercesImpl.jar (834852 bytes)
xml-apis.jar (108484 bytes)
xmlParserAPIs.jar (131919 bytes)

and also, since I just modified -diagnostics with some of the happyaxis.jsp
health checks

 XML Parser information
XML Parser:          org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
XML Parser Location: C:\Java\Apache\jakarta-ant\lib\xercesImpl.jar

--------

So I'm using java1.4, ant's CVS_HEAD copy Xerces and yet a core test that
isnt failing on the gump is breaking for me. Thoughts?

Re: ant test; xerces

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> But we have a new failure:

Oh my.  Fixed.

We need more people running the tests on Windows on a regular basis to
keep this Unix-centric guy honest.

Stefan

Re: ant test; xerces

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> Ant isnt testing for me...I dont know how long this has been the
> case, as I only just

Probably since I added that specific testcase 8-)

>     [junit] java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: include.inc

Shouldn't happen, have you updated and bootstrapped everything?  The
toURL method will always prepend file: .

> So I'm using java1.4, ant's CVS_HEAD copy Xerces and yet a core test
> that isnt failing on the gump is breaking for me.

Gump uses CVS HEAD of Xerces (so do I).  Let me see - completely empty
CLASSPATH, JDK 1.4.1_01, ./build.sh test:

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.IncludeTest
Tests run: 12, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,231 sec

./build.sh -diagnostics (snipped)

------- Ant diagnostics report -------
Apache Ant version 1.6alpha compiled on December 2 2002

 Implementation Version (JDK1.2+ only)
core tasks     : 1.5.9
optional tasks : 1.5.9

 XML Parser information
XML Parser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
XML Parser Location: /home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-ant/lib/xercesImpl.jar

I guess this is more of an OS issue than a Xerces problem.

As I said when I committed FileUtils#toURL and FileUtils#fromURL,
those have not been tested on Windows.

Stefan