Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/23 09:42:42 UTC

Multicast and Aggregator V AKKA

Hi

In my application I have 4 web service calls I need to make in a process
flow which can be made in parallel.The obvious approach in solving this to
me was just to use a multicast and have results aggregated together using
the aggregator EIP support.

Since I have been hearing much about akka lately, I am trying to understand
what benefits there would be if I went the akka route(having an actor for
each of the service calls) rather than going the multicast and aggregator
approach.

I don't see any advantages. Help much appreciated on this as I am sure I
must be missing something

Thanks
Joe