Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca> on 2005/05/02 13:59:01 UTC

Web based helpdesk tool for SA?

Lately I've been thinking that something that would really be useful for
SA is a web based helpdesk tool.   The idea is to help out companies
that use SA as a proxy in front of their Notes/Exchange/Groupwise
servers (such as my own).   The MTA on the SpamAssassin box would
quarantine spam on the server.   Then, when an end user complained about
not getting an email, the internal helpdesk could use this tool to
search through the quarantine for the false positive and have it
delivered (and possibly even run through sa-learn --ham as well) with a
click or two.

I don't think that this would be hard to do but before I go dusting off
my "PHP for Dummies" book, does anyone know if something like this
already exists?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Web based helpdesk tool for SA?

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca> wrote on 05/02/2005
06:59:01 AM:

> Lately I've been thinking that something that would really be useful for

> SA is a web based helpdesk tool.   The idea is to help out companies
> that use SA as a proxy in front of their Notes/Exchange/Groupwise
> servers (such as my own).   The MTA on the SpamAssassin box would
> quarantine spam on the server.   Then, when an end user complained about

> not getting an email, the internal helpdesk could use this tool to
> search through the quarantine for the false positive and have it
> delivered (and possibly even run through sa-learn --ham as well) with a
> click or two.
>
> I don't think that this would be hard to do but before I go dusting off
> my "PHP for Dummies" book, does anyone know if something like this
> already exists?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Take a look at Maia Mailguard.  Pretty slick tool, lots you can do with
it. Users can control their own quarantine, and I believe an Admin can
also do things for a user, it's been a while since I've looked at it so I
don't recall all the features.

Andy