Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io> on 2016/03/01 20:32:08 UTC

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-b1-incubating

The vote for this release has passed on the general list; see the vote
result thread here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201603.mbox/%3C20160301185646.GG14480%40iori.nightmare.heaven%3E

We can now begin rolling out the release.

Thanks, everyone!
Chris

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Thanks for the reminder, Justin.  I have indeed been bad about actually
> getting the release out.  I will get on this immediately.

Not “bad” at all. For a first poddling release things went very soothly and that’s mostly due to your efforts.

Sending out announcements may also attract more users/committers. Don’t forget that it has to be sent from your @apache.org <http://apache.org/> email address and make sure the email is text only (not HTML). Announcement has it’s spam filters set on high.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-b1-incubating

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 08:37:17AM +1100, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't forget to complete the last couple of steps:
>
> 1. Release artefacts need to placed in a mynewt directory here [1].
> 2. Once most of the mirror have it [2] (usually 24 hours look at age histogram at the bottom) Send an [ANNOUNCE] email to dev, users and Apache wide announce@ lists [3]

Thanks for the reminder, Justin.  I have indeed been bad about actually
getting the release out.  I will get on this immediately.

> Also would  be nice to tag the release in the repo.

This I actually did do :). The tag in the git repo is:
mynewt_0_8_0_b1_tag

(unless you are referring to the svn repo rather than the git repo).

Thanks,
Chris

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-b1-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/>
2. https://www.apache.org/mirrors/ <https://www.apache.org/mirrors/>

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 0.8.0-b1-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> The vote for this release has passed on the general list; see the vote
> result thread here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201603.mbox/%3C20160301185646.GG14480%40iori.nightmare.heaven%3E
>
> We can now begin rolling out the release.

Congrats onto first release.

Once the mirrors have had time to propagate it form the dist area (usually 24 hours) don’t forget to send out an announcement to the relevant lists.

Thanks,
Justin