Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2001/01/10 14:02:22 UTC

default store in standard store

Hello,

The StandardStore class defines as the default store following line:
    protected String defaultStore =
        "slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore";
The MemoryDescriptor implements everything except the contentStore
interface. If the domain.ini file contains only following lines, a class
cast exception is thrown:

      <store name="memory">
      </store>

Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:48:09 GMT+01:00 - default - INFO - Initializing service
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore@5f38fd
java.lang.ClassCastException: slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore
	at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.initialize(StandardStore.java:294)
	at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.initializeServices(Namespace.java:322)
	at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadDefinition(Namespace.java:520)
	at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.initNamespace(Domain.java:464)
	at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:228)
	at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:348)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)

I would like to suggest that the class
slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore extends slidestore.reference.
FileContentStore. This would solve the problem. The old syntax can still be
used to configure a different contentStore. Any objections? (if not I will
do the change tomorrow).

Best regards

Juergen Pill

Re: default store in standard store

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hello,

> I would like to suggest that the class
> slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore extends slidestore.reference.
> FileContentStore. This would solve the problem. The old syntax can still
be
> used to configure a different contentStore. Any objections? (if not I will
> do the change tomorrow).

Good idea :)
+1

Remy