Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/02 11:36:29 UTC

Re: RMI Binding

Hi Jeremy,
  When trying out the sample for the RMI Binding, I encounterd the following
problem: -

1) There seems to be a attribute named 'target' that
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.ServiceLoader.load is expecting out of the
'service' element in a composite.  What is this attribute and what must be
its value?  From the context I can imagine that a target for a service
element of a composite is what we specify in the 'reference' child element
of this composite isn't it?  Just in case this is confusing.. here is the
composite... where I have had to put in the target attribute

<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
           xmlns:rmi="
http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/binding/rmi/1.0-SNAPSHOT"
           name="HelloWorldComposite">

    <service name="HelloWorldRmiService"
target="HelloWorldServiceComponent">
        <interface.java interface="helloworld.HelloWorldService"/>
        <rmi:binding.rmi  uri="HelloWorldRMIService"/>
        <reference>HelloWorldServiceComponent</reference>
    </service>

    <component name="HelloWorldServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="helloworld.HelloWorldImpl"/>
    </component>
</composite>

Is this right?  What purpose does it server if it is indeed right?

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: RMI Binding

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
The "target" attribute is a bug - there was talk of adding it to the
<reference> element at some point but that change was never made.
That stuff should be backed out.

--
Jeremy